Monday 21 January 2013

First Post


Hello and Welcome to my new blog and my first creation of the year... or is that my first 'COMPLETED' creation of the year, as I do have a tendency to one or two on going projects.  This one is my attempt at a new style of tote bag by request.  The story is that Clayton (proprietor of manic organic farm shop - found here http://www.manicorganic.co.uk/ ) purchased some fun retro fabric with fruit and veg on, this eventually led to the idea of my making tote bags from it and possibly other household items.. anyway, his idea was for wooden handles?? this is a bit of a mystery to me so I have been practicing with some of the fabric from my stash.  Not sure about my first attempt (above).
Yes, my trade is bag making and I have an on-line shop on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/SimJaTa?ref=seller_info this currently has a big January Sale on ready for new stock this year.
I also have an interest in Art, I love painting, sketching, journals, on-line art classes and find simply not enough hours in the day to get everything done I would like - one day I will learn to cope without sleep as I just dont have the time for it.
This blog is for me to share my creativity, and help me to finish more of the projects I start as I show you were I am up to.  Tomorrow I will show you my on-going collage canvas that needs attention, and then my latest project that has just arrived tonight (I am very excited about this one)... and when its done my latest art journal made from scraps (awaiting some drilled holes in order for completion).
Before I go, if anyone can tell me the best way to attach wooden handles please feel free to leave a comment - be much appreciated, I did take 2 today - ready for take 3 tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Great to see you blogging about your Tote bags again, I have missed them! Not sure if I can help with attaching wooden handles though. Metal shackle clasps maybe with the ends of the handle drilled?

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely new blog :)

    Handles - how about stitching the fabric lengthways along the top edge of the bag, looping it over the flat part of the handle and then stitching down again on the inside of the bag? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I'm on a widescreen laptop, but your blog header image is very wide - it's going off the right hand side of the screen. I think you either want to make the blog header image smaller or the blog background (the white bit) wider.
    I'm using Google Chrome browser, not sure if the same issue happens on other browsers though... xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mick (and for further help on FB). Zoe, that may well be the idea for take 3 thanks, and I have had a 'jiggle' with the header, think its better now.

    ReplyDelete