Monday 17 June 2013

still in love with oil pastels

Yes, I am still totally in love with this medium.  The above girl was even done on the correct paper, which made the pastels I have easier to work with.  I still dream of the professional art brands but they are out of my reach at the moment.  I just adore working with them.. 
I had quite a good arty day today (for once) not easy these days with a new rescue dog to work with, who rarely sleeps, but with the aid of a 'nylabone' I had some peace today for me.  So, I 'finally' got around to binding my 30 pages in 90 days journal, which was great (and time consuming).  So, started a new journal page, with plenty of mixed media layers and then an oil pastel girl
..and at last got around to finishing one of my canvas projects from Andrea Gomolls 'facecinating faces' course, this one was a lot of fun to do..
As usual I never have as much time as I would like - and even less than ever now, as the new dog needs a lot of training, and we do an evening walk with them now too, so I loose the couple of hours I had of an evening too.  But, at least I am lucky enough to have my own Art room so my supplies are still there for me to pick up when I can find the time.

Weather today has been very weird, quite warm and close but dull and cloudy outdoors - I dashed out to get my washing in around 3pm its not 7.30pm and still not rained though looks very threatening still.  Rumour has it we are going to get a heatwave, oh noooooooooooooooooooo - I just hope they are wrong, sorry to you who like the heat but I do NOT, and neither do the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment