Sunday 2 February 2014

29 Faces - day 2

I think I am going to like this, thank you so much for all the visits from my fellow challengers at '29 faces' To see these wonderful artists taking part do take a look here Linky

This one is taken from my 'how to' Manga book, I had the fool idea to try colour pencil.. yes, that was a good idea but next time I might even consider using the right paper for the right media, hence the awful grainy look.  No matter, all experience.. here is the rest of him too...........

I will find it quite hard to stick to faces, as I am trying to learn bodies too right now hence the Manga books, just ordered one by 'Mark Crilley' cant wait for that to arrive, anyone wanting to try out faces Manga style take a look at his you tube video's, he is a great teacher.

Right oh, off to look at some of the other faces, I do try to look at them all - sadly not enough time to comment on everyone but I do try to do a few each day and am most grateful for those left for me... what a lovely and talented bunch of people.

7 comments:

  1. I think the colour pencil looks fabulous - and it's fun to experiment! (Mark Crilley is great - isn't he! I used to love drawing Manga!). Wonderful drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lindsay, and thats for the follow too. Glad you found me, as I put the wrong link up (twice) and am hoping Martha can fix it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the rough look of the pencil on that paper. Your guy is terrific. I love working with colored pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like him a lot! His hair is a lot of fun. I think you did great with the color pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like colored pencils too but I do fight the grainy look. There was an art teacher at the high school where I taught who could get the most wonderful work out of her students with colored pencils and no grainy look. I have not mastered that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda! I like this guy, he looked to me for a second like David Bowie :oD
    I wanted to tell you, you don't have to add your link anymore, you are #25 and it all links to all your posts, yaay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all, and thank you Martha for fixing my link - sorry to be such a pest, will get it right next time:)

    ReplyDelete