Monday 11 May 2015

Been Learning new things

So............. here is my new style!!! Part of our lesson in Painted Faces III with Gulfsprite has been some teachings on surrealism, which I have found I love.  This makes me so happy all I want to do these days is draw, I do paint too but I worry about spoiling my drawings when I paint them, I am getting better with this though.  The above painting I have made into prints and added to my Etsy Shop today.
Along with surreal art I am also studying 'Steampunk' as I am a fan of that too, always was but a bit too long in the tooth to follow and dress that way, but to draw and paint.........oh yes, now that is a lot of fun.  I now only paint with watercolour as find that to give more of the effect I like, never could get it quite right with acrylics, I now know my problem was too much paint, less is more for sure in the case of painting.
I am just starting to design my own little creatures after learning from books how to draw dragons and other mythical beings, so as above they do not come from anywhere else but me, which is worrying my husband greatly.. I am trying to learn to draw without distraction and what just comes from within, this is taking more time but is interesting.. I have a sketchbook upstairs away from any other influence which is becoming very interesting indeed.

All the above will be made into prints and added to my Etsy Shop in the future.  I need to start adding more as I need so many art supplies to continue and they are not given away.  I go through an awful lot of paper, and most of it is artist quality.  Also like nice brushes and graphgear pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment